Govind Gatta or gram flour dough balls in a creamy yoghurt and cashew nuts gravy, is a mildly spiced dish that melts in the mouth.
Prep time: 1 hour
Caters to: 2 gobblers
Challenge level: Intermediate
From the pantry:
- 250 grams Gram flour
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 10 grams whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 400 grams curd
- 15 grams mustard oil
- 75 grams cashew nuts (broken)
- 50 grams ginger
- 50 grams garlic
- 250 grams onion
- 2 tablespoon deghi mirch
- 1 ½ tablespoons coriander powder
- 50 grams green chillies
- 25 grams fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 3 whole red chillies
- 25 grams mawa
- 25 grams dry nuts
- 50 grams cashew nuts paste
- Nagauri methi for garnish
- Prepare a dough using gram flour, fennel seeds, whole cumin seeds, coarsely crushed whole coriander seeds, salt, turmeric, chili flakes, and curd.
- Make a mixture of dry nuts and mawa.
- Divide the dough into tennis ball-sized balls and stuff the mawa mixture in them.
- Steam the dough balls. Drain. Deep fry the dough balls till they turn golden brown.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and whole coriander seeds and cook till they cackle.
- Add chopped onions, cook till golden brown in colour. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beaten curd and cashew nuts paste. Cook till oil floats to the top.
- Add gram flour dumplings and finished with nagauri or kasuri methi.
Featured Image Courtesy: Sangeeta’s Kitchen- Veg Recipes Of India