Yes, we know it’s getting cold and eating a popsicle isn’t the best idea, but how about spiking it with a little tequila to calm those nerves? The sweet mangoes, chilly powder and sharp tequila alert your senses and awaken the palate.
Prep Time: 20 minutes + 4 hours refrigeration
Caters To: 10 gobblers or 10 popsicles
Challenge Level: Beginner
From The Pantry:
- 3 large mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- In a bowl combine 1/3 of chopped mangos with 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder and half of cayenne pepper.
- Puree the leftover mango with leftover chilli powder, cayenne pepper, water, lime juice and tequila.
- Place the chopped mango mixture on the bottom of the moulds.
- Pour the pureed mixture from top and freeze 3-4 hours until solid.
Remove from moulds and serve.
Featured Image Courtesy: aquariushrconsulting.com