A slice of these in the morning will keep you going till midnight! Chocolate, chilli & coffee: these are our all time faves. A basic chocolate fudge in itself is great, pair it with coffee and you’ll have people waiting in lines; add a little chilli and you have a winner!
Sinfully delicious, this dessert doubles as breakfast, especially on weekends! Ancho chilli known for its deep earthy flavour works miraculously with these chocolate squares. Available from Sprig, it has a mild sweet flavour which matches the undertones of coffee, enhancing the espresso flavour.
Prep Time: 25 minutes + 3 hours refrigeration
Caters To: 36 gobblers or 36 squares
Challenge Level: Beginner
From The Pantry:
- 180 ml single cream
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ancho chilli powder (alter to taste)
- 600 grams dark chocolate
- Place the cream, espresso and cayenne powder in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to boil.
- In a separate bowl add chocolate and pour the hot cream on top.
- Place this mixture in a bain-marie and stir until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a lightly greased pan and spread evenly by tapping.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm. Cut into squares as per desired size.
Serve with a shot of espresso.
Featured Image Courtesy: aquariushrconsulting.com